Wednesday, May 8, 2013

THE CHAOS VALENTINE WOULD FACE!

Having (thankfully)  survived another Valentine's Day, I took a moment to observe the chaos that  ensues every year in every country by all its residents, whether or not they are  in a relationship.
     Since there are those who think  Valentine's Day is just another commercialized holiday designed to empty yet  another week's wages, I think that it's about love – celebrating the people in  one's life who one loves and cares about.
     That’s sweet right?
     Well you would think I'd declared war  on America's sweetheart for the amount of hissing spittle spouted my way when I  expressed this.
     I guess I should prepare to be outlawed  next year by both the “I hate” and “I love” Valentine's Day groups who only ever  join forces against the likes of me.
     So I was also thinking...
     What if Valentine was a living person in  today's world; She/He/It would probably need to be accompanied by twenty-four  hour security due to the sheer strength of peoples' feelings towards Him that  are apt to change depending on the weather.
     Now when one is in love and happy with the  world, Valentine would be celebrated with giddy joyful praise, showered with  gifts and rewarded with invitations to every A-list party – only one of which  She would attend of course.
     But when one is broken-hearted, bitter and  despising of every word in the English dictionary that begins with or contains  the letters L, O, V or E, Valentine would suddenly turn into a putrid, puss  oozing enemy with a hefty price on Its head.
     I sure wouldn't wish to be Valentine or  even someone named Valentine on Valentine's Day!
     I also wonder how those Bulls in Spain or  Mexico cope every year with all that red flying about?


Ella Roberts,

No comments:

Post a Comment