Friday, May 17, 2013

WHERE CAN I GET GLOW-IN-THE-DOOR EYES?

So, I found myself playing hide and go seek with a bunch of youths that I had been forced to babysit.
     Okay they were all under ten, but have you experienced a group of fifteen under-10s?
     It's like an encounter with a gang of excited dogs: oh the grubby paws and sticky tongues!
     Anyway, I decided to go and hide in one of the bathrooms that had no windows but had an extraction fan and I kept the light off.
     However many minutes later, the door opened and I was about to start laughing because I had been found but before I could even take a breath, the door closed again.
     Alright, I know I have a caramel complexion which in poorly lit corners can appear closer to extra-dark-chocolate but come on!
     I was standing right in the little girl's line of sight, with the light shining into the dark bathroom from behind her.
     She should have seen me!
     But she didn't, instead she closed the door and left me alone with the darkness.
     As you can tell I was somewhat offended by this.
     Not because she couldn't tell me and the dark apart but because my eye balls and teeth hadn't been spotted!
     Does that mean they weren't bright enough?
     Obviously this now has me wondering how I can get my hands on some glow-in-the-dark eye balls and teeth...
     Plus I have been forever put off ever playing hide and go seek again!
     Or getting caught in the dark alone.

Ella Roberts,

No comments:

Post a Comment