Thursday, May 9, 2013

WHY IS THE GIRL NEVER THE VAMPIRE?

Let me start by admitting that I am not a hard core vampire fan because I am not fond of seeing blood, which I think should remain inside a person's body where it is was put for a good reason, and that reason was not to “nourish” another.
     However, I have dabbled in a little vampire fiction in my day and like many women who now find themselves seeking out brooding Edward Cullen types to fulfill needs that living men seem unable to wrap their necks around.
     I am a sucker for a vampire love story.
     How can one not be, with all those chest-grippingly romantic versions of someone else's severely altered reality?
     Speaking of romantic, there is something so enthralling about a man so physically powerful he could snap a delicate neck and drink from it in one swift slurp (whoa masochistic moment!) but wouldn't allow himself to bring harm to that neck he loves it so much – Awwwh!
     But I wonder though... why is it always the man who gets to be the vampire or the werewolf or some other form of animal that cannot legally mate with a Human Being?
     Which brings the challenge of a forbidden love to the table.
     Why is it always the woman who has to wait for him or alter her sleep patterns to make it work?
     Hmmm... maybe it's because if a man had to adhere to the nonsense that comes with falling for a vampire or werewolf or zombie or whatever, there would be no story.
     Plus, we women have way too many issues and men are pretty simple folk.
     Yeah, I think if the woman was the vampire there probably would be no romance…

Ella Roberts,


No comments:

Post a Comment