Monday, May 20, 2013

AIN'T NO MOUNTAN HIGH ENOUGH!

“Ain't No Mountain High Enough” – this is lies!
     Forget the part that comes next; just pay attention to this one deceiving statement.
     For someone who was once blissfully unaware that they were not exactly fond of heights, these kinds of statements can give one the false confidence not needed to decide to go and climb a mountain.
     Anyone who has ever set foot in Las Vegas will have made an obvious note that mountains frame the perimeter of the city.
     Yes, everywhere you look, in every direction there are mountains!
     And since we all have subconscious minds that have no ability to determine what information is necessary to hold onto and what information should be discarded but instead holds on to everything it ever comes across and stores it.
     Is it any wonder that sooner or later one begins to entertain the “clever” idea that climbing a mountain is the thing to do?
     Going up wasn't a problem (getting into trouble never is), considering that all I did was look down at the two feet in front of me that consisted of nothing more interesting than a beaten dirt path.
     It was when my hiking buddies decided to play tour guides and point out the “views” that my sense of logic abandoned me, while I clung onto the idea that I was going to suddenly plunge to my death (even though both feet were firmly planted on the ground and if I lay down with both my arms above my head, every part of me would still be touching “ground” – not the point!).
     Coming down the mountain was yet another challenge: "how can a two legged person temporarily function like a four legged animal?"
     Never again!

Ella Roberts,
ellasbooks.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment