Friday, June 14, 2013

TV HAS RUINED ME!

If you comb your memory back a couple of weeks, you may remember a blog I wrote called My History With Television, where I rather shamefully admitted that I once starred in a reality show in my head that was popular amongst the community of gorillas who lived in the mountains.
     Yes I know!
     And since nowadays I can legitimately turn on the television and see my shiny self on it, you would think that my penchant for alternative cameras has somewhat diminished right?
     No chance!
     If anything, my world of inside-head-TV has gotten as diverse as the number of cable channels available since 1972.
     And the content has become not only more sophisticated, it could accurately be described as bizarre at times.
     Like when I step out of the shower after washing my hair and toss my head around like they do in those shampoo commercials... the only thing is, when I'm done wetting the bathroom floor my hair isn't magically dry, shiny or split-end-free.
     It has shrunk and I have at least 30 minutes of straightening and moisturizing to do.
     And thanks to the Director of Videography for the CSI franchise, I am constantly being observed by cameras that zoom in and out on me from many interesting angles... which may be the reason for my random dizziness at times, and even my instinct to duck when something comes flying towards me.
     Then there's the money shot, where I am wearing skinny jeans with impossibly high heels that I shouldn't be walking in and strolling with a purpose down the street, the wind blowing in my hair all in slow motion.
     I think it's safe to say that television has ruined me!

Ella Roberts,

No comments:

Post a Comment