Wednesday, June 12, 2013

DOES CRAIG KNOW WHAT'S BEING POSTED ON HIS LIST?

Why is it that when one is bored, one stumbles upon the most interesting things???
     While surfing the internet one particularly uneventful evening (looking for a blue Fish), I found myself on Craigslist... now before you judge me, just bear in mind that many people have some wonderful things to say about it...
     Anyway because I had nothing better to do, I started checking out what regular folk were seeking and offering these days:
     “Seeking Someone With Irregular Toes”
     Was one of the first titles to catch my attention and pique my cat-murdering curiosity and yes, that does mean I actually clicked on it... and had an overwhelming desire to spit on somebody's shoes by the time I clicked off after reading it.
     At first I thought it was a medical practice looking for experimental subjects or some other legitimate reason as to why someone would be looking for something so odd.
     But no, it was a strange gentleman (that was how he described himself) who had a fondness for toes in general, and had recently developed a “craving” for an irregular treat: “six toes”, “different sized toes” or “toes that resemble vegetables or animals”.
     Unfortunately, it got worse and the following line was the one that elicited my intense desire to spit on his shoes:
     “I also welcome in-growing toe nails”.
     Really?
     This reminded me why Craigslist has a somewhat questionable reputation when considering recruiting anyone in a professional (or normal) capacity.
     Or even seeking blue fish.

Ella Roberts,

No comments:

Post a Comment