Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WEDDING DREAMS - DREAM WEDDINGS

I went to a bridal show!
     I know.  I had to.  It's my job to cover these things...
     So, bridal shows – or anything that has to do with weddings – always somehow end up being a mess of teeth shaving sweetness that would give anyone a severe sugar crash if it could actually be eaten.
     It always amazes me how fully grown women who are otherwise ball busters at work melt into cooing poultry types at the sight of a wedding gown.
     I particularly love the statement: “I've been dreaming about this since I was a little girl”, which is incredibly ridiculous of course because:

     1. A five year old girl should not be dreaming about becoming a wife; she should be appreciating that her life is still financially and worry free!
     2. A five year old girl should not be aware that being a sixteen year old girlfriend is hard work enough, let alone jumping way ahead of herself and yearning for the option that costs the most money to get in and out of.

Don't get me wrong I love weddings, as long as there's food... and a bride and groom who understand the basics: you two pay for the wedding and I, the guest pay to furnish your new digs.
     Not I, the guest bring you gifts and still have to pay to feed myself at your wedding.
     Cheek!

Ella Roberts,

No comments:

Post a Comment