Saturday, December 27, 2014

BIKINIS vs. ONE PIECE SUITS!

So the weather is getting warmer in Las Vegas (which I love) but this unfortunately, brings its own set of distressing opportunities such as invitations to pool parties (which I don’t love).
     The last time I went to a pool party, I remember feeling like a lump in my (fully clothed) shorts & t-shirt, trying to maintain conversation with half-naked beautiful people who had not a roll of excess fat in sight, asking me why I was fully clothed – cheek!
     I am not yet 30 years old and apparently it is an offense to even look at a one-piece bathing suit these days.
     I found this out when I strolled into a store and picked out a pretty looking polka dot one piece bathing suit to try on.
     When I found a stray assistant with a toothy grin to show me the dressing rooms, she immediately backed away when she spotted the one piece bathing suit like she didn’t want to get contaminated or something.
     Seriously, what was that about?
     Why is everyone so obsessed with bikinis all of a sudden?
     What happened to the one piece high leg that Pamela Anderson made famous in Baywatch during the 1990's?
     (Stick me in a black one of those babies and I could probably bring it back… alright stop laughing!)
     There is no doubt that a bikini looks great on those that enjoy creating hostile environments for fat cells, but for those of us that sweat uncomfortably just thinking about core workouts, how can being ridiculed at the pools for daring not to expose muffin-tops & midriffs be avoided?
     Oh forget it, don’t even answer that question!

Ella Roberts,

2 comments:

  1. I read that one-pieces are the big thing now on yahoo. Maybe the assistant needs to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carli and I totally agree! I love one-pieces and they love me too, lol. Hope you're having a good one!

      Delete