Monday, January 12, 2015

WEATHER WATCHING WORLDWIDE!

Being from England, where complaining about the weather is considered a National pastime, I have of course wasted my fair share of energy participating in this pointless distraction.
     When I was in London and it was cold and raining, I would spend hours (that I should have been working) surfing through travel websites and drooling over pictures of warm, exotic locations that I should have been in.
     Then I would run to the store and waste money I barely had on playing the lottery, trying to win money to go on holiday with.
     I never won.
     Interestingly enough however, when the summertime rolled around, it was like winter never happened… so one day, I decided to save myself the weekly distress of weather watching by moving to Las Vegas – the desert.
     And like many naïve folks who had watched Aladdin as a kid, I thought that it stayed hot in the desert all year round.
     I mean, at what point in the film did Aladdin or Jasmine ever wear a winter coat?
     I first arrived in Las Vegas in the middle of the sweltering July heat at 3am (don’t ask); I got cooked so fast, my poor sweat glands have not fully recovered.
     It also came as a rude surprise later that year in November, when it started getting cold and by January, even the usually bikini clad bunch were fully covered up.
     I don’t know what it is about the weather that keeps me engaged, but I guess the point of this rant is that it should never rain or be cold in Las Vegas.
     Just saying!
 
Ella Roberts,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment